This extremely easy-to-make, filling, and nutritious soup is our go-to side dish whenever we're feeling too lazy to make a time-consuming or complex dinner. We just love how simple, tasty, and healthy this soup is. It's especially great when you're in the mood for something warm and nourishing, like in the middle of winter or when you're feeling under the weather. If you're feeling particularly indulgent, you can serve it with a dollop of yogurt (we like sheep's milk) for extra creaminess.
1.5 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped roughly
2 small heads of broccoli or 1 large head broccoli
2 cups broth (homemade tastes better and is healthier, but use whatever works for you)
Dash of apple cider vinegar
1. Heat the olive oil in a pot and cook the garlic for 1 - 2 minutes.
2. Add the broccoli and broth, increase the heat to medium-high, and cover.
3. Let the broccoli steam for 5 - 6 minutes until tender.
4. Pour everything into a blender and blend until very smooth.
5. Add salt, pepper, and apple cider vinegar to taste. Blend once more.
6. Serve hot.
Let me know what you think in the comments. Do you love this soup as much as we do? What adjustments did you make to your version?