These simple biscuits are a delicious and healthy comfort food. They're a wonderful paleo, grain-free, and gluten-free way to enjoy bread. We love them for breakfast topped with some goat cheese and jam or as a bread-y side to our lunches and dinners.
2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup ground flax OR 3 tbsp chia seeds
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp coconut palm sugar (add more if you want a sweeter biscuit)
pinch of salt
4 tbsp grass-fed butter
3/4 - 1 cup baked sweet potato
1. Bake a sweet potato in the oven at 400F (200C) for 45 minutes or until tender. We usually do this a day or so in advance, whenever we have something else baking in the oven (baked sweet potatoes keep for at least a couple of days). With this step done in advance, these end up taking no more than 25 minutes.
2. Pre-heat oven to 350F (175C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
3. Mix the eggs, butter, and sweet potato together in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the almond flour, flax or chia, baking powder, baking soda, coconut palm sugar, and salt.
5. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together, shape the batter into biscuits, and place on your baking tray. We usually make about 9 as we like our biscuits on the larger side.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, turn the tray, and bake for 5 more minutes.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes and then enjoy!
Let me know what you think in the comments! What are you pairing your sweet potato biscuits with?